A. Matthews, M.S.
Design: Susan Matthews
2010 China International Martial Arts Camp with George Xu and Beijing Masters
Cost – $2,600 USD (~1900 EUR)- 15 days, includes 10 full training days, all trips, transportation, food and hotels from your arrival on Dec 9 to December 22. Everybody buys their own airplane tickets to Beijing. Cost for a spouse who is not training is $1900 USD (~1400 EUR) (limit 10 families).
For all attendees, remaining balance to be paid in full by October 1, 2010. If there are any unforeseen political events that would cancel the program, your funds will be refunded. Please calculate all exchange rates to US dollars.
Steps to Register (updated Sept. 10, 2010)
You may call George Xu 415-664-4578, email MasterGerogeXu@yahoo.com
or email email@example.com
to find out the current situation regarding last minute registration.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your email contact information for last minute announcements. You must email or mail George Xu your arrival and departure flight information. Click here to go to the Registration Form and print or email.
3. Pay remaining US$1200 balance(total $2600 including deposit) by Oct 1, 2010. Please send remaining payments as soon as possible; contact George with any questions or concerns. Send these payments via wire transfer to the following bank account. Please make sure the transfer fee is not deducted from the payment. You can also transfer the money via Western Union; call or fax George the password number and he will relay this to Rui Kang Zhuang. Make these payments to Rui Kang Zhuang. You need the SWIFT number to do a wire transfer.
GEORGE SAYS IT'S TIME TO BUY YOUR AIRLINE TICKETS! YOU SHOULD TRY TO BUY
THIS MONTH. .
You must email or mail
George Xu your arrival and departure flight information.
offers these travel agencies to help:
All Inclusive Travel-- 415-566-7961
Super Time Travel-- 415-668-6166
Rich Travel and Tourist Inc-- 415-386-2223
Travel Hotline-- 415-956-1122
For the visa application, our hotel is:
Fang Dragon Hotel
You will be picked up at the airport upon arrival on the 9th and transported back on the day of departure. If you arrive on another date, call the hotel or call one of the following numbers at any time for help. Keep these numbers with you during your trip. Call for help if you get lost.
Ya Jun 1393-1680-919
If you have registered from a country other than the U.S., you are probably in contact with a leader from that country already and they should help guide you regarding visas. You can also write Susan for help or go to the www.WACIMA.org website to find a Vice President from your country who can help you, or you can call George. From the United States, you can get a visa online from the Chinese Embassy in San Francisco or see below. Contact George Xu with any problems. Bring this program to apply for a visa. You must have 6 months available on passport and one passport picture. You also can call San Francisco Chinese Embassy to get information. You will receive an application in the information packet. Visas should be obtained approximately 2 months before the trip. Call a travel agent if you need help. You can bring a copy of the itinerary on this website and you will also need the hotel information to use as the contact location in China.
General info about
visas from the US:
5. Private Rooms: Accommodations are for double occupancy. You can request a roommate. Private rooms are an additional $340 total. Send this directly to George with your request. You can request a queen bed. Send money for private rooms directly to George. Payment option will be provided later.
The hotel has a laundry. The hotels have business centers with email and fax systems. Bring traveler's checks—the hotel can exchange for Chinese currency. Phone cards can be purchased.
You should do your own research on vaccinations. Lonely Planet www.lonelyplanet.com has resources. An excellent site is www.tripprep.com. Travelers Medical and Vaccination Centre www.tmvc.com.au also has a lot of information. Everyone should check http://travel.state.gov/ and http://www.cdc.gov/travel/index.htm.
6. You will need to stay up-to-date by checking this website. You will be able to arrange additional training after the camp, approximate fees: $25-35/hour private, $120/month group class. Shopping a lot of fun. Bring extra money for shopping.
7. Participants will receive a certificate for attending 2010 China International Martial Arts Camp- an intensive training opportunity with China's highest level masters.
You will be invited to membership in WACIMA along with the trainers at this camp–this is born out of friendship and cooperation. Ten countries will be represented at this camp. This is intended to be a be a high level teaching credential which can be used on résumés or to position your school. Traditional internal martial arts training has no "black belt" system. This certification may help those teachers who are working in hospitals and other programs, or for applying for grants or other funding. This training is a news event around which you can build an article featuring you or your school in your local newspaper.
Save all your receipts for money exchange, hotel transactions, everything. Tap water is not drinkable except in some of the hotels. All hotel rooms are supplied with a thermos of boiled water, to make tea or drink as you wish.