A. Matthews, M.S.
site Design: Susan
2007 China International Martial Arts Camp
1-15, 2007 · Shanghai and JiangXi Province, China
Cost – US$2,200.00 includes 11 training days, all trips, transportation, food and hotels from your arrival on the evening of November 30 to December 15. Everybody buys their own airplane tickets to Shanghai. Cost for a spouse who is not training is $1500 (limit 10 families).
Send non-refundable $200 to George Xu ASAP. The first $1000 must be paid by December 15, 2006. Remaining $1000 balance has to be paid in full by September 1, 2007. This final amount may vary up to $250 depending if the exchange rate changes during this time. If there are any unforeseen political events that would cancel the program, your funds will be refunded. Cancel by July 1, 2007 to receive refund of funds paid except for deposit.
Steps to Register (updated September 19, 2007)
1. You may call George Xu 415-664-4578 or email email@example.com to find out the current situation regarding last minute registration. Send US$200 deposit (check or money order or Western Union) directly to George Xu, 4309 Lincoln Way, San Francisco, CA 94122 Phone: 415-664-4578. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
2. Email email@example.com with your email contact information. Mail George Xu your contact information including name, address, email and phone. Click here to go to the Registration Form and print. If you are registering from outside the US you can wire transfer via Western Union your deposit to George Xu (call or fax him with the password number so that he can retrieve the money).
3. Pay first US$1000 before December 15, 2006; pay remaining US$1000 balance by September 1, 2007. Please send remaining payments as soon as possible to avoid the possibility of a fee increase since the exchange rate has recently changed! Send these payments via wire transfer to the following bank account. Please make sure the transfer fee is not deducted from the payment. You can also transfer the money via Western Union; call or fax George the password number and he will relay this to Rui Kang Zhuang. Make these payments to Rui Kang Zhuang. You need the SWIFT number to do a wire transfer.
4. NEW REQUEST FOR RETURNING GUESTS AND, IN PARTICULAR, VICE PRESIDENTS OF WACIMA: Please email Susan any and all requests or suggestions for improvements for any aspect of the 2007 camp. As a VP you can also compile a list after canvassing participants from your country and get it to George. Thank you in advance for this request.
VISAS If you have
registered from a country other than the U.S., you are probably in contact with
a leader from that country already and they should help guide you regarding
visas. You can also write Susan
for help or go to the www.WACIMA.org website
to find a Vice President from your country who can help you, or you can call
George. From the United States, you can get a
visa online from the Chinese Embassy in San
Francisco or see below. Contact George Xu with any
problems. Bring this program to apply for a visa. You must have 6 months
available on passport and one passport picture. You also can call San Francisco
Chinese Embassy to get information. You will receive an application in the
information packet. Visas should be obtained approximately 2 months before the
trip. Call a travel agent if you need help (see below). You
can bring a copy of the itinerary on this website and you will also need the
hotel information to use as the contact location in China which is:
Call 1339-121-5670 if you get lost, need help, if you will be arriving on a different date, or in case of emergency.
Qingyun Mountain Villa
General info about visas
from the US:
Call George if you have any questions about travel or if you experience problems with your payments. Write George or call with any special conditions you may have. Call him if you want help contacting Chinese business partners or suppliers.
6. Private Rooms: Accommodations are for double occupancy. You can request a roommate. Private rooms are an additional $290 total. Send this directly to George with your request. You can request a queen bed. (The exchange rate for Chinese yuan decreased from 8.2 to 7.8.) VIP rooms are also available. Send money for private rooms directly to George.
The hotel has a laundry. The hotels have business centers with email and fax systems; the hotel in Shanghai only has fax and telephone. Bring travelers checks—the hotel can exchange for Chinese currency. Phone cards can be purchased in Shanghai.
You should do your own research on vaccinations. Lonely Planet www.lonelyplanet.com has resources. An excellent site is www.tripprep.com. Travelers Medical and Vaccination Centre www.tmvc.com.au also has a lot of information. Everyone should check http://travel.state.gov/ and http://www.cdc.gov/travel/index.htm.
7. You will receive additional information, travel updates, and hotel information for visas via email updates, you must provide your email address (see #8) to stay up-to-date or check this website. You will be able to arrange additional training after the camp, approximate fees: $25/hour private, $120/month group class. We will help you arrange additional travel in China. You primarily need to know how much money and time you can spend. Just about any preference including landscapes, cultural/ historical, city/rural will be available. You can also find a wife or a husband (contact George). Contact George in writing if you want help making contacts for other business purposes (e.g.. importing products, etc.) He will also arrange for vendors to bring products, swords, etc., directly from factory to us at the end of camp. Shopping for your own is the best and a lot of fun. Bring extra money for shopping.
8. From the U.S. Contact the following to arrange air travel from San Francisco to Shanghai (not included in camp fee). George says he will be at the airport to greet you when you arrive. Most flights will arrive between noon and 9pm on Nov. 30. If your flight arrives outside this window, either earlier or later, you need to fax your flight information to George at 415-664-4578. You can also just go to the hotel listed above.
Li Bao Rong will arrange a seat
on United for a flight out of San Francisco on Nov. 29, please call or
email. Also talk to him about connecting flights into SF from your area.
9. China Camp List Serve. It will be our means of last minute communication, so be sure to get on this list if you are going to camp. To subscribe, please send an email to Susan
10. Participants will receive
a certificate for attending 2007
China International Martial Arts Camp-
an intensive training opportunity with China's highest level
You will be included in a membership in WACIMA along with the trainers at this camp–this is born out of friendship and cooperation. Ten countries will be represented at this camp. This is intended to be a be a high level teaching credential which can be used on résumés or to position your school. Traditional internal martial arts training has no "black belt" system. This certification may help those teachers who are working in hospitals and other programs, or for applying for grants or other funding. This training is a news event around which you can build an article featuring you or your school in your local newspaper.
Save all your receipts for money exchange, hotel transactions, everything. Tap water is not drinkable except in some of the hotels. All hotel rooms are supplied with a thermos of boiled water, to make tea or drink as you wish.